WHAT IS PLANNED GIVING?
Planned giving is also referred to as gift planning or legacy giving. It enables a giver to make larger gifts to your church today and for the future.
Planned giving is not just for older givers, but should be introduced to givers at every stage of life as an overall generosity strategy.
LESS TO TAXES
Givers typically receive a tax deduction for the fair-market value of their gift.
MORE TO SAVINGS
Because givers receive the full tax deduction, they’ll see significant savings on their income tax returns.
The capital gains taxes givers save from giving directly means more goes to support your ministry.
IRS statistics show that most people give from cash, even though their wealth is held in non-cash assets.
Three Types of Gifts
- Outright gifts – appreciated assets as a substitute for cash
- Gifts that return income or other financial benefits to the giver
- Gifts payable to the church upon the giver’s death
A Bequest gives assets such as real estate, stocks, bonds, jewelry and cash to the church through a will or estate plan.
A Donor Advised Fund is like a charitable checking account that the giver sets up. A giver opens an account and deposits cash, securities, or other financial instruments.
A Pooled Income Fund (PIF) is a mutual fund created from securities or cash donated. A PIF provides income for both the giver and church. Upon death, donation balances go to the church.
A Charitable Trust is an irrevocable trust established for a church. A charitable trust enjoys a varying degree of tax benefits.
MORTARSTONE PLANNED GIVING
With our Gift Planning Made Simple program you can achieve your ministry’s financial goals!
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
- Churches beginning a gift planning ministry
- Pastors who need administrative assistance for their program
- Anyone looking for a simple approach to gift planning
- Churches wanting to strengthen their existing ministry
Gift Planning Made Simple is completely customizable and turn-key, and also includes full coaching and administrative support.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Onsite Training (up to 10 people)
- Demographic Church Study
- Giver Journey & Giving Lifecycle
- 18-Month Marketing Plan & Schedule
- Customizable Promotional Materials
- Onsite & Online Trainings for Givers
- Legal Council & Gift Vehicle Setup
- Giver Management
- Full Support