We’re praying for your church and the people being affected by COVID-19. We understand that the majority of churches around the world are experiencing gaps in giving. Is your church feeling the stress of giving loss?
Let’s not spend any more time worrying about giving, but instead take action today to reverse this trend. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be sending you practical strategies that you can employ to increase giving.
The first strategy includes your lapsed giver lists.
1. Pull a list of your givers that DID NOT GIVE in the last 30 days and are not currently recurring givers. (Use MortarStone to quickly access this list or query these givers from your ChMS)
2. Create an email asking the lapsed giver to give. We understand this type of email should be written very carefully, so we’ve developed a script to follow, click to download the template.
3. Send your email on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. (Emails are more likely to be opened and read if they are sent on Tuesday or Wednesday at 6 am, 10 am or 2 pm.)
4. Be smart! Check your open and click-through rates on these emails. For the emails that WERE NOT OPENED, re-email the lapsed giver three days after the first email was sent. (download template)
5. Measure and track all giving received from these emails. Were you successful in reaching people? What changes can you make to encourage more giving from lapsed givers?
When giving trends change, the church needs to understand and be able to adapt to these changes. This is why more than ever, it’s important to understand the giving analytics of your church. Who are your givers, why are they giving, how much are they giving, and when are they giving? If we identify these trends, we can apply a strategy that will help us thrive in times of financial uncertainty.
MortarStone is the solution to knowing your giving and givers, and we’re here to help! Schedule a FREE 30-minute giving consultation today! We’ll help you develop a plan to increase your giving now and build sustainable long-term funding for the future.