Legacy Impact Living is an electronic, 30-day devotional that has been developed as a discipleship resource for financial leaders and mature (age 60+) givers in your church’s congregation. It will invite each reader to think through how they will transfer their values along with their valuables to their heirs and the causes they care about. In addition, readers will be challenged to think differently about how they give in the future.
There are 2,350 verses in the Bible that reference money and wealth. But, only one of those speaks to the responsibility of church leaders to address those who have abundance. In 1 Timothy 6:17-19, Paul wrote, “Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.”
As church leaders, we have a responsibility to teach our givers how to enjoy their wealth. Legacy Impact Living provides an opportunity for you to build relationships with your givers that are Scripture-facing and rooted in discipleship.
We suggest that you consider one or more of the following strategies to implement as a part of your Legacy Impact Ministry at your church:
- Beta reading the devotional with your church staff and elders will help provide direction to your overall generosity ministry and convey the importance of discipling one of the most neglected demographics in your church – those who have stewarded well and have abundance.
- Pastors and key leaders can use the devotional guide as a tool for one-on-one conversations with givers. Personally invite the giver to read it for 30 days, then follow up with a coffee or luncheon to discern what God has said to them through the 30-day journey.
- Similar to #2, instead of personally inviting an individual giver, invite 8-10 couples to take the 30-day journey, then host a dessert night in their home for a similar discussion.
- The curriculum can also be used as a four-week small group study resource that is offered in conjunction with a stewardship sermon series, end-of-year giving campaign, capital campaign, or as an affinity group.
As participants take the month-long journey, some may be impacted to the degree that they become willing to facilitate their own group, resulting in the multiplication of impact.
At MortarStone, we are convinced of two things:
- You are the cultural expert of your local context and can discern which strategy is best suited.
- God’s word will not return void! If our people are exposed to the truths within Scripture, we believe that God will honor his Word and that people will take a major step forward in their walk with Christ, especially in relation to their wealth holdings.
Do you still need a copy of MortarStone’s free 30-Day Devotional on Legacy Impact Living? Sign up to receive the free devotional, so you can implement it within your church leadership or congregation today!
MortarStone services provide strategic and effective tools to not only give a church management software with insight and metrics on giving, but also coaching to help high-capacity givers think more creatively in their giving and learn how to leave legacy gifts to the Church.